Saturday, February 14, 2009

Week in Review

Sorry this is a day late. It has been a different week for me.

highlights of the week:
returning home to my daughter. Having the opportunity to go to Marble Retreat. Starting a new chapter in my marriage and life.


lowlights of the week: I really can't think of any.

on my to-do list: taxes. Read a new book that was just released, write a review for this blog and receive a free copy of the book. Read books for NABNW Tacoma Cluster.

procrastinating about: Nichole wasn't feeling well, so our cleaning day didn't go as planned. I didn't clean all what I had agreed to.

books i’m reading: Brisingr, book three in the Inheritance trilogy.

music i'm listening to: today, while cleaning, I listened to Led Zeppelin's epynomous debut album and the Definitive Muddy Waters Collection.

anecdote of the week:
Nichole and I recently returned from our marriage retreat in Marble, CO. The house we stayed at was nestled on the side of a rocky hill. In the days leading up to our visit, the area experienced unseasonably warm weather. During our orientation we were briefed about how to handle wild animal encounters. Our first night in the outdoor hot tub, surrounded by nothing but the wilderness, Nichole pondered aloud, "What would I do if we saw an animal while out here." Not thirty seconds later, Nichole jumped up and bolted back to the cabin. I calmly turned and saw why she had run. About fifteen feet away, a medium-sized black bear meandered its way along the side of the hill. I didn't stay in the tub either. The other couple was planning on attacking us with snowballs and verified our sighting as they saw it also. It was a fun start to our week at Marble.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my word! When a bear approaches, you only need to be faster than the person you are with! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ok so did you have the bear spray with you? If not please don't forget it next time. LOL

Unknown said...

Yes...but Brisingr is now a "cycle" with book four coming. Ugh. I was so annoyed it was not the conclusion. Hope you enjoy the read anyway.