Monday, February 02, 2009

Männerspielplatz: translation - Man's Play Place

I need to start saving for when I go on my next trip to visit relatives in Germany. It looks like they also have Hummer courses, hot air balloon rides and mock CSI investigations. When I read this article, all that went through my head was, "dude."
Think of it as a testosterone-soaked sandbox: a German amusement park where, instead of standing in line to ride on roller coasters, you get to play with big, loud machines. For 219 euros (about $280), patrons can spend the day operating 29-ton Liebherr backhoes and 32-ton Komatsu front-end loaders, off-roading through the woods in a Mercedes-built Unimog, peeling out in a Suzuki SUV, and slinging some mud on quad bikes.


Link - via Wired.com

If you have brushed up on your German, here is a link to the actual park itself.

No comments: