Friday, January 23, 2009

Week in Review

highlights of the week: going to Portland and hanging with the Putz family. Going to Salem and hanging with my bro-in-law and his family. LOST premiere.

lowlights of the week: finding out our truck needs some major repairs.

on my to-do list: booking rental car for and return flight from our trip to Colorado in February. This was on last week, but we saw a killer deal on Alaska today, didn't book and the price went up. We are waiting to see if it goes back down.

procrastinating about: still haven't touched the moldy shower.

books i’m reading: I finished Bob Dylan Chronicles Volume 1. Unless you have an interest in him, I wouldn't recommend it. I started Restoring the Fallen a book that describes a team approach to caring, reconciling and confronting. I was in the library this week and also stumbled upon With Strings Attached: The Art and Beauty of Vintage Guitars. It was on my Christmas wish list this past year, I did not receive it and was quite excited to find it at the library. The book recently came out and I think I am the first one to borrow it as it still has the new book smell. Click on the book for the Amazon page.

music i'm listening to: the cds finally arrived. I have been listening to them. Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom and Wes Montgomery - 20th Century Masters Colleciton. Two very different styles. Check out the sweet 80s hair in the cd booklet.

anecdote of the week:
I took my bro-in-law and nephews geocaching for the first time. One of the caches was Altitude Adjustment. This meant to me that the cache was probably going to be up high somewhere. When we arrived at the coordinates all we found was a speed limit sign. The only thing out of the ordinary was a bolt stuck into the side of the post. If you can't picture it, the post for street signs is square and has holes on all four sides in order to attach the actual signs. During my investigation of the sign we found a small plastic tube, the cache, at the bottom of the post. Not being detered from signing the I took two keys, stuck them in each side of the sign and slowly began the process of moving the cache up the sign. Every few feet, my brother would stick the bolt in, lest I drop the cache. I got the cache all the way to the top of the sign and signed the log. We searched around and found the missing nut to afix the bolt through the sign, and have the cache near the top where one can grab it. My brother really enjoyed geocaching and we hope to do it again when I am down there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Now that's determination! The next geocacher's will thank you. Did you mention your efforts in the log book?
Kristi Graham