Thursday, January 08, 2009

Week in Review

Something I would like to start while I am sabbatical is a Week in Review. This is the first installment.

highlights of the week:
playing ping pong with some Puyallup youth pastors and totally dominating every match. Celebrating Brian Gibson's 4? birthday with his family and the Crawfords. Hawaiian coffee from the Tangedahls.

lowlights of the week: all the flooding going on in our state, some relatives of good family friends seem to just have one more thing to deal with in their already difficult circumstances.

on my to-do list: completing all my phone calls for my weekly practical meeting with my wife. Posting some ads on Craigslist. If you are looking for some skis, a snowboard or guitar gear, let me know.

procrastinating about: making an appointment with a new friend because I don't know if I will be able to keep my commitment if I make it and scraping some mold out of the shower.

books i’
m reading: being on sabbatical what I am mainly doing is reading. I am reading three books. Nichole and I are reading How People Grow together and checking in via the workbook each week. I am also reading Rebuilding Your Broken World. This book is very good and I am excited to continue to see how it is going to impact my life. I read these two books during the day and then at night have been reading music biographies. I am currently working my way through Bob Dylan Chronicles Volume 1. This is an interesting read.

music i'm listening to: This week I ordered four cds. Lincoln Brewster - Today is the Day, Muddy Waters - Definitive Collection, Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom and Wes Montgomery - 20th Century Masters Colleciton. I have listened to Lincoln Brewster and Muddy Waters, please see below for status of the other two.

anecdote of the week: I order the aforementioned cds with a Best Buy gift card from my mom and dad-in-law, thanks Pat and Dale. Two of them I used the in-store pickup and the others I had shipped. I checked my order status yesterday and for some reason I had them shipped to my sister's apartment, in Iowa. She hasn't lived there for two years. I hope the people are nice to enough to return the cds. I am going to call Best Buy and my sister to see what we can do.

Check back just about every Friday for the Week in Review.

1 comment:

Miss Malie said...

Iowa, huh? Want me to pick them up for you? I'm only 2 miles from Iowa. =)