Friday, January 16, 2009

Week in Review

highlights of the week: walks with Lily. Making my wife cookies and buying her a new travel mug. Getting $30 back from Sprint. Reducing my internet $10 over the next four months by just asking.

lowlights of the week: bad news. This week has been filled with personal bad news. Eden, a little girl that my parents babysit, has leukemia. A blog has been started here for news on her condition and treatment. Carol Potratz, a dear friend, is being laid off at the end of January.

on my to-do list: An appointment with the tax lady. Phone calls to friends (that's you Lance and Jake if you read this.) Rental car and return flights for our retreat in February

procrastinating about: the shower still.

books i’m reading: still reading Rebuilding Your Broken World. I am really getting to the application part of this book and am excited to apply the ideas to my life. I read through Doug Fields' new book, Refuel. Doug wants everyone to maintain a connection to God that keeps our "tank" filled up. We do this by stopping, being quiet and making a connection with God.

music i'm listening to: U2. There two best of albums specifically. A Seattle radio station is having U2sday this coming Tuesday in honor of the new single being released from the forthcoming album.

anecdote of the week:
Lost cds part II. I called my sister's former landlord. He told me that he would talk to the current tenants about my music. They were found and are on their way from Iowa to my house as I type. Hopefully next week that will be the music I am listening to in next week's review.

No comments: