Saturday, March 07, 2009

Week in Review

Since the economy is not doing well, I thought I would offer a special 2 for the price of 1 Week in Review since I didn't write one last week.

highlights of the week: Portland to see the Putz' and Denise. Fixing the truck. Dad registering us (John, Dad and my sister, Leah) for STP. A soon to be revealed gift from a friend. Starting a new job. Three guys in the youth group deciding to follow Jesus.

lowlights of the week: Nichole having a combination of work and guards for five days in a row.

on my to-do list: we are going to try and sell our house, so my to do list grew tremendously after the walk through with our realtor. I did however, chop down a tree, and mow the yard yesterday.

procrastinating about: some phone calls.

books i’m reading: Blues All Around Me: The Autobiography of B.B. King, for fun at night I have been reading music biographies.

music i'm listening to: U2, No Line on the Horizon, of course.

anecdote of the week:
I enjoy playing guitar and this week had an opportunity to bring someone else into the world of guitar. One of my friends, Brittain Gibson, saved up his money to buy a guitar. He wanted me to help him find one and we found a winner at Guitar Center. It was a great price and we had it set up by Lynn Collins. On Thursday we had our first of many jam sessions.
In addition to the anectdote I will clarify some of my items you have just read through. We are not moving away from Puyallup and I am still the youth pastor at CCBC. We don't have to sell our house, but are going to see if we can. Nichole and I are managing a couple of commercial properties for some extra income.

No comments: