Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Some theology from Bono

"I have heard of people having life-changing miraculous turn-arounds, people set free from addiction after a single prayer, relationship saved where both parties 'let go and Let God'. But it was not like that for me. for all that 'I was lost, I am found'. It is probably more accurate to say, "I was really lost, I'm a little less so at the moment.' And then a little less and a litte less again. That to me is the spiritual life. The slow reworking and rebooting of a computer at regular intervals, reading the small print of the service manual. It has slowly rebuilt me in a better image. It has taken years, though, and it is not over yet." Excerpt from U2 BY U2.

Justification - Sanctification - Glorification. Thanks Bono.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as we are on this side of heaven we are not in Glory yet. Sanctification is a process for all of us. John, you are a joy.
Gordie